- Local WA routes: Olympic Discovery Route, Palouse-to-Cascade
- Heads up: you will need two permits to ride the Palouse-to-Cascade trail across WA…details & permit applications here.
- Big routes: XWA, GDMBR, AZT, Colorado Trail
- Bikepacking.com: gear, rigs, routes, people
- Adventure Cycling: maps, routes, tours, community
- RideWithGPS: trailrouting
- Craig’s trip: http://bit.do/Seattle-GDMBR
Snapshots of some fun places where I spent the night…
Antelope Wells is a ‘no drama’ border crossing: no wall, no lines, no nearby towns, only 1 resident (who invited me over for a celebratory beer). Border security presence is evident by patrols on road, scrub, and air, as illegal crossing attempts happen even in this remote area. Apparently smugglers have tried to pose as Divide riders, they plant bike caches in the scrub…just cheapo Walmart bikes spray painted black…to be picked up after a crossing and they ride as ‘thru-bikers’. Border patrol is totally on to them.